Thursday 28 August 2014

Guatemala City – Quetzalroo.

What a breath of fresh air I found at Quetzalroo. 
It was early Sunday afternoon and I had chosen this hostel because of a recommendation by a rider on Horizons. Fortunately it was a mere one kilometre from the #BMWMottorradGuatemala shop where I was booked for a service Monday morning. The first thing I noticed was that it was ultra friendly, it felt like I was staying at home with the owners Annemarie, Carlos and Isobel and there was a giant poster of Uluru on one wall in the common room along with an Australian flag and an Aussie Olympic flag hanging off the ceiling. One of the family’s sons is married to an Aussie girl and they feel really connected with Australia. I felt really connected with them.

Still feeling unwell I lay down for a couple of hours. Annemarie was an angel, fussing over me, trying a couple of medicines, and doing what she could to make sure I was comfortable. Everyone at Quetzalroo was friendly and chatty. There was a lot of laughing and Marcos took groups out cycling, to the wrestling, out to dinner. He was the run around guy. They were so focused on the client it struck me as the perfect hostel. I stayed for three nights as I waited for my bike to be serviced.
I made some new friends like Dr Anna and it was just the place I needed.
Meanwhile at Germania Motors my special bike was waiting for me - a 1961 Boxer. My year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment